Started on 7 FEBRUARY 2013 FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND ASK QUESTIONS

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Ratings and Speration orders

Sorry yall,

been a pretty busy month or so, so here is my updates.

I received my ratings the 13th of May 2013 got 70% VA 10%DOD  which means that I am getting seperated with service pay. It took just over a month for my ratings to come back and I didnt feel like fighting it.

Rumor Buster:  If you take a severance you have to pay it back with your VA..... True but not all of your va disibility goes to pay back your severance....


I was medboarded for lower back which received 10% both VA and Army, my total VA rating was 70% which with a spouse entitles me to 1402 in disability pay that amount will be reduced by 10% (the amount the army gave you for the med boarded condition) so  10% of 1402 is 140.20 do the math 1261 is now my new disability payment.


I chose not to fight my ratings which it then moved to the seperation phase. After signing the 199 (form for the findings of your PEB that provides your prelim ratings) your packet will be sent to TRANSPOC this is the step where they make your seperation orders and a DD214 worksheet.

Ratings on Monday transpoc by Friday Start clearing the following monday. Finaled out the 31 of may and I am now on transition leave.


TRANSPOC:
---when you hit transpoc you will set your new ETS date
---Requires new ETS Date with in 90 days of hitting transpoc
---You are entitled to 20 days PTDY for House and Job hunting
---Maximum 14 working days of clearning
---Terminal/transition leave time


Severance pay

according to my medical records my condition worsened in a combat zone but was not incurred in a combat zone so my severance is calculated using the following formula

Base pay x 2 x Years of service = $ XXXXX

Initialy taxed how ever the day after your ets date you may file to have the taxes returned to you.

Calculated with a minimum of 3 Years TIS


If your injury was incurred in a combat zone then you will be calculated with a minimum 6 years of service

Base Pay x 2 x 6 yr min or more = $ XXXXXX

Will not be taxed and will not require VA Disablity recoupment.

---Lump Sum + your full VA disability.




6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on terminal leave now for my MEB separation date 27 Nov 13, took the severance pay. about how long does it take for them to pay you your severance pay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my severance the week after I got out sorry it took so long kinda forgot I had this blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I'm a E-6 with too many years in, got my unfit letter this past march for degenerative disk and adjustment disorder, I'm just curious but how actually long did you have to wait to get your percentages? What claim did you have for your back? one more question, how is civilian life treating you because I can not wait! SSG H

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't quite remember how long it took me from unfit to percentages, but i was pretty damn close to the MEB/PEB "schedule" that is posted earlier i wanna say like 3-4 weeks, i claimed lower back pain and the VA came back with 70% as degenerative disc disease on multiple levels and radiating pain and weakness in one extremity

    ReplyDelete
  6. I received my unfit letter on 19 February 2014 and my prelim rating was completed on 24 May 2014. The PEB started to put my 199 together on 28 May 2014 and still waiting on that so it should hopefully be any day now.. Do you remember how long it took from the time the VA sent it back to the PEB for them to send your 199 to your PEBLO? All the rumors have been that I should have it this week and could potentially start clearing by the end of this week to the beginning of next week because the turn around time for TRANSPOC is supposedly real quick now.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete