Started on 7 FEBRUARY 2013 FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND ASK QUESTIONS

Saturday, March 30, 2013

ACAPed Last Week

If you are in the MEB/PEB you might want to go ahead and set up your ACAP appointments. This is because of the uncertanty of your future. I know when I started my Med board they requested that I give them a copy of my Preseperation counseling form.


Start looking around at Schools and Jobs now! Disability does not kick in on your ETS date I have heard. So my route i chose was school. I have it set up so that if i have to appeal everything (putting me out in january that I will at least have my GI bill to help pay for some bills (Post 9/11 GI has housing allowance). Also if you apply (E5 and below) for financial aid you will most likely get a Pell Grant (do not have to repay). Most college will give you that pell grant back because your GI bill will cover most if not all of the schooling. So that is free money in your pocket just have to take the 15-20 minutes to fill out the application at www.fafsa.gov. I say E5 and below because most E6 and above make to much to recieve the pell grant, how ever it never hurts to apply for it.


Im an E4 with over 3years, and 1 dependent (who doesnt work) and I recieved at 4k dollar pell grant when I go to school that will be kicked back to me from the financial aid office!

No comments:

Post a Comment